Summer is wrapping up, and this weekend maybe the last time we light up the grill or pull out the picnic table until next spring. Of course, in Virginia we're suppose to be on the lookout for Hurricane Earl, so we'll see how these summer swan song BBQ plans turn out.
I feel like all the best Season Finales feature all-star cameos. So, just in time for Labor Day Weekend, here are our some of our favorite summertime recipes:
- Beer Can Chicken (Tofurky)
- Caesar Salad Burger
- Chicken Salad
- Chicken Thyme Penne Salad
- Crab Cakes
- Girlfriend's Mock Chicken Salad
- Key West Fruit Salad
- Smokey Collared Greens with Bacon
- Spare Ribs with 3 Different Types of Glazes
- Three Beans Salads
- 6 Medium Sized Red Potatoes
- 1 1/4 Cup Veganaise
- 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Braggs
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 Red Onions (chopped)
- Pinch of Celery Seed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
Place Potatoes in a 3 quart pot. Add enough water to cover the Potatoes. Cover and heat to a boiling. Cook covered for around half an hour. With a slotted spoon, check on them regularly. Remove the Potatoes when they're soft and tender, but before they get mushy.
Drain the Potatoes. Once they're cool enough to handle, cut into cubes. Toss them in a bowl with the Celery and Red Onions. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix all the Ingredients except the Potatoes and Veggies. Use a whisk to make sure it's smooth. Once the Potatoes and Veggies are room temperature, mix in the Veganaise mix and toss.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Make sure you serve it chilled... Veganaise is awesome til it gets warm.