Now, most "Get Pysched" mixes include classic rock, GNR, Metallica, Lita Ford, power ballads, or 90s dance songs you hear at sporting events... but I think the "Get Pysched" genre can be much more than that. I also think that you have to really dig deep and look at your inner "uncool" self* to make one that'll move you to your bones. One that you might blush a little to admit makes you want to shake your ass like a fly girl. So that's why I made this list of songs that aren't on a lot of iPods out there, aren't "underground" or "hip", and I bet you've actually heard of. I think any of them would be a great inspiration or "starters" for a few different mixes**.
- Moi Je Joue - Brigitte Bardot (Ye-Ye Mix - This is the kinda of music I was listening to)
- I Want You Back - Jackson 5 (Motown Mix - How cute was little Micheal?)
- Do You Wanna Dance - The Ramones (Jumping Around on the Bed Mix)
- What A Feeling - Irene Cara (80s Mix - Confession: when I was a kid and spending my life in ice skating rinks and ballet classes, all I wanted in the world was to grow up to be like Alex in the movie Flashdance. Looking back at that now, I probably should have had better goals.)
- Princes of the Universe - Queen from The Highlander Soundtrack (For Your "War with The Darkest Power" Mix - don't act like you're too cool to have one of those)
- Hard-Hearted Woman - Wanda Jackson (Rockabilly Mix)
- Be My Baby - The Ronnettes (Romantic Mix)
- You're The One That I want - Olivia Newton John & John Travolta (Songs to Sing Along With Mix)
- Ladies First - Queen Latifah featuring Monie Love (90s mix)
Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce (We tested it out with these vegan chicken wings we get from May Wah but it was by just as wonderful with veggie burgers or on a tofurky... you name it)
- 1 Cup Cherry Cola
- 3/4 Cup Cherry Perserves
- 2/3 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Worcester Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Braggs
- Dash of Liquid Smoke
- 1 Cup Ketchup (I can't stress enough reading your label and trying to use one that has actual tomatoes in it - it will make a difference - promise)
Put all your ingredients in one bowl and blend with a handheld electric mixer until smooth. We left a few large cherry chunks in there because they're delicious.
* I won't lie. I wear my uncoolness on my sleeve and can't recommend that more. Being uncool is totally where it is at.
** There are some really great videos in there. No really - just so awesome. I now wish I hadn't cut off all my hair so I could have Ronnettes hair like everyday.