Instead I will be putting our kitchen and home back together after 3 months of intensive Vegan Betty Monstering, trying to catch up on the sea of emails and maybe tonight I'll try to make the streets of LA a little safer. It's going to be a busy day so I needed easy waffles. And they were lovely so I thought I'd share.
Embarrassingly Super Simple Hazelnut & Flaxseed Waffles
- 2 Cups Bisquick
- 1 1/3 Cup Soymilk
- 1/4 Cup Ground Hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Batch Buttery Syrup (2 batches if you like things really syrupy)
Blend all your ingredients (except syrup silly) until smooth. Use a ladle to pour your batter into the center of your hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. Follow your instructions that came with your waffle iron to see when your waffles will be ready. Mine has a green light. You can usually tell it's ready when your iron stops steaming.
Carefully remove waffle with a fork so you don't burn your fingers. Repeat the waffle making process with your batter till you have a lovely stack of breakfast.
Don't forget your syrup.
* There are a lot of really great non-profits to donate to. Here's some we've given money to:
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
- The Teal Cat Project
- People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Compassion Over Killing
- Our Hen House
- Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary