We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace—business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.Now, because we are who we are, this conversation gradually slipped into something beyond a political conversation. See, Dan does a great FDR voice. I mean really spot on. If you not familiar with what that sounds, like click the link for the quote above*. Now, just for fun, imagine that voice saying your favorite movie quote. Here are two that have been Shannon-tested and are pretty much a new level of hilarious/inspiring when FDRed :
They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.
Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred.
- Right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.
- Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say "Yes"!
- We will have a pitcher of (insert the name of your favorite beer here) and the largest soy cheese pizza you have or we will have nothing. A side of fries would be welcome as well.
Dark Chocolate Apricot Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Orange Peel (finely grated)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Orange Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 Cups Dried Apricots (diced)
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
With a large spoon, mix in the Dried Apricot until it is evenly spread though out the dough. Cover the bowl with foil and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 375.
After the dough has chilled, pull it out and using a soup spoon to scoop out your cookies. Use your hands to form them into coins smaller than your palm but smooth and place them on an unlined cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 5 to 7 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
Cool them on a wire rack. Once they are cooled, melt your Chocolate Chips. Pour your Chocolate Chips into a souffle dish and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir with a spoon and if they are not yet a smooth sauce, heat for another 30 seconds. Dip your cookies halfway in the melted Chocolate and move gently back and forth to evenly cover half the cookie. There might be a little extra Chocolate when you pull it out. Use a spoon to clean up any extra drips. Try to make sure your Chocolate isn't too thick on your cookies. It will take forever to harden.
Place your cookies back on the wire rack to cool. Once your Chocolate has hardened - they are ready to eat!
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
* I admit the nerdbot in me is like - Who doesn't know what FDR sounds like? Sorry it's the nerdbot judging not me.