But I do know that this salad is a quick lunch that has sunny mandarin oranges, crunchy ramen bits and is salty and sweet all at the same time. In less than 15 minutes you can be eating this and doing any of the millions of things that I should be doing. Why is this week so busy?
PS - Tonight is a big night for us -- more details to come. Wish us luck! Another thing you can do while you enjoy this salad.
Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
In your neglected wok, heat 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil on a high heat. Toss in the Vegan Chicken once the Oil is hot and stir while it cooks. Once the Vegan Chicken is brown and a little crispy. Toss in the Margarine. Once it melts, stir in the seasoning package from your Ramen. Then break up the Ramen Noodles into bite sized pieces and mix in with the melted Margarine.
- 2 Cups of your Favorite Vegan Chicken (we used Gardein sliced into strips this time but you can always use Morningstar Chickn Strips or baked strips of Match Vegan Meats)
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Package Vegan Ramen Soup (we used Koyo Organic Noodles - Garlic Pepper flavored but you can find vegan "Oriental" flavored ramen in most grocery stores)
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tamari
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 4 Green Onions (diced)
- 2 Cups Broccoli Slaw Mix (you can also use Coleslaw Mix if you can't find Broccoli Slaw)
- 1 Can Mandarin Orange Segments (drained)
Cook noodles for no longer than a minute and then mix in the Sesame Seeds. Then toss and cook for another minute. Don't let the noodles burn or brown too much. You want to remove them from heat once they are slightly golden.
In a large bowl, mix Sugar, Vinegar, Tamari, the last Tablespoon of Sesame Oil and Pepper. Add the cooked Noodles and remaining ingredients and toss. Serve immediately.