So when we were planning the food for our trip, it seemed only right to bring some traditional American favorites. Of course, Betty has more of these than you can imagine. Pages and pages of them actually… and then EUREKA! Three Bean Salad! Who doesn't love that?
So we hit the road with Tofurky sandwiches, brownies, potato chips, and three bean salad. To be fair, Betty's was already vegan - but I couldn't help but tweak it.
- 1 Can Green Beans (drained)
- 1 Can Wax Bean (drained )
- 1 Can Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 Medium Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/4 Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 5 Stalks of Celery (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup of Italian Dressing (see below)
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Braggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Celery Seed
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
Put all the ingredients for Italian Dressing in a tight container and shake.
In a bowl, mix Beans, Green Onions, Celery and Parsley.
In another bowl, mix Italian Dressing and the remaining ingredients. Pour the Dressing Mix over the Beans Mix. With a slotted spoon gently stir the Beans and Dressing until it is completely mixed. Place in the fridge for 3 hours - stirring occasionally.
Pack it up and hit the road!
The Shannons at The Natural Bridge - The second stop for the weekend. Hundreds of butterflies, turtles, fish, frogs, snakes and kids. . . they came for the dinosaurs and cowboys.
Don't forget to vote!
This is great! I made it for a birthday lunch at work and three people asked for the recipe.ReplyDelete