So I know what you're thinking. . . Wait. . . That's not Clams in White Sauce! And you would be correct. But sometimes you can't fight inspiration. This recipe is so fast and so good. . . it spoke to me and I was compelled to share.
Now we have talked before about the wide variety of Faux Seafood out there and even though these little guys aren't the cutest. . . they are my very favorite fake shrimp. They are bite sized, don't get mushy and have the right taste and texture to really make a nice dish. They only thing wrong with them. . . the name.
They are called Shrimp Balls. OK now that we've gotten the cheap, childish and super fun giggles outta the way. . . Let's enjoy this culinary wish come true!
- 1 Package Whole Wheat Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta ( made per the directions on the box)
- 1 Cup Fake Shrimp ( Defrosted. Now we went with the above mentioned Shrimp Balls from May Wah. . . but really there are so many Fake Shrimp products out there. We really encourage you to read the labels though - because some Fake Shrimp and Crab products actually have a fish product called Surimi in them. If you use the Shrimp Balls - I cut them in half or quarter them so they get more and they become kinda bite-sized. )
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Parsley (chopped. You may want a little more for a garnish.)
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dry White Wine
- Fake Parmesan Cheese
- Nutritional Yeast
- Black PepperMake the Pasta per the instructions on the package.
In your cast iron skillet, heat Olive Oil over a medium heat. Add Fake Shrimp and turn it with a spatula till the Fake Shrimp is completely covered in the heated Oil. Once the Shrimp reaches the desired tenderness - add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT FAKE PARMESAN, NUTRITIONAL YEAST & PEPPER. Mix the ingredients with the Fake Shrimp till the Green Onions are caramelized and the Margarine melts.
Serve the Fake Shrimp mix over the Pasta. Sprinkle Fake Parmesan and Nutritional Yeast over the top. If you want sprinkle some chopped Parsley and ground Black Pepper too.
Get outta town there, Mrs. Crock, I mean, ShannOn!!!!!!! You are a blessing to our kind, my friend. I Who wouldn't go vegan after these!?? Thank you for making dreams come true and for changing lives with your food inspirations!ReplyDelete