Last night, I was trying to figure out what to post today. I was inspired by what is happening on Wall Street right now, and went to the social networking streets and asked the folks on Facebook and Twitter to vote. I wanted to know what you wanted. It was no surprise that people love Sriracha sauce. I mean, I love Sriracha, but some of you guys are pretty serious about your Thai hot sauce! It was also kinda touching to hear how many of you have brussels sprouts in your fridge right now. I've always loved these bitty cabbages. Every Fall, it's so exciting to see them show up in the produce section. This time of year they're at their best, and I can't stress enough that if you've only ever had brussels sprouts during any other time of the year... you need to fix that. I'm not a therapist or anything - but that's a problem.
This recipe combines all kinds of delicious stuff like garlic and lemon and kick-ass awesomely-easy. Enjoy!
Brussels Sprouts in Sriracha Lime Sauce
- 2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts (cut in half)
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons Sraracha Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger (minced)
- Dash of Liquid Smoke
In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. To serve, put your Brussels Sprouts in a serving dish and pour your Sauce over the top.
In a world full of things that no one can understand (like why no one has done anything about the people running Wall Street... even now. I mean, what the fuck is that?) take comfort that there are recipes out there as easy as this.
* I know I linked to that video from "anxiety attack", but really I shouldn't have. I fraking love Nyan Cat and this is one of my favorite Nyan Cat videos. I hate it when that guy stops dancing. Every time, my heart says "boo". But if I'm honest with myself, it's only a matter of time before one of those videos will give me a seizure.
** I'm actually too busy today to confirm this. This may not be true... seems likely though.