|This photo shows the roasted coconut better but the crust was all crumbly... SIGH.|
Frozen Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
- 1 Package Silken Tofu
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil Spread (you can use Margarine if you can't find the coconut spread - either way it needs to be softened)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla or Coconut Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 1 Cup Shredded Raw Coconut
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour or Corn Starch
In your food processor puree 1/4 cup Raw Shredded Coconut. Then add Sugar, Coconut Oil Spread, Vanilla, Coconut Milk, Coconut Flour, Sea Salt, Agave Nectar and Silken Tofu to your food processor, blend until it is smooth and creamy. Pour into your Pie Crust and evenly sprinkle toasted Coconut over the top. Put in the freezer for 8 hours.
* If you're wondering if this pie is more like an ice cream treat than a cream pie... it is.