As always I looked through our copy of Betty's Big Red to find the recipes that I could piece together to create this masterpiece. Then I remembered an email I got a while back from the folks over at BC about Betty's online cupcake center, and quickly found these. When you compare the recipes, you'll notice I made quite a few changes, but the spirit is there. I was cautious because I didn't want them to taste like suntan lotion, so I tried to keep the flavors subtle and natural when possible. All in all, these little buddies turned out just as I had hoped, and we loved them. We went mini with ours... because that's how we roll around here.
|We could be yours.|
That's why we're partnering with Sweet & Sara to bring these little guys, and a variety pack of vegan marshmallows, into the life of one lucky Meet The Shannons reader! Want to win some awesome for your Easter basket, or to give away as an Afikomen Prize, or maybe just to just eat? Here's what you have to do:
- Start by "liking" this post on Facebook using the little button at the top.
- Post a comment below with a link to a cute picture of a bunny and/or a chick (ducklings, piglets, kittens, puppies and other cutie faces are also approved) and a "Thank You" to Sweet & Sara for putting peeps in their place.
Before you leave your comment - remember in order to win one of our contests, you need to be a "follower" of Meet The Shannons. If we can't email you, then we can't send you your prize! So before you leave your comment with the answers, make sure you use the "follow" button on the side of the blog. We'll randomly choose a follower from the correct answers posted below on Thursday April 7th and send you a MAJOR AWARD! (Please keep in mind that it will take a few days for processing and shipping).
So start your search engines, find those cute bunnies, and enjoy these cupcakes...
Pina Colada Cupcakes
- 2 1/3 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 3 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Rum Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple in Juice
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Milk
Pina Colada/Coconut Frosting
- 2 1/2 Cups Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 2 teaspoons Rum Extract (you can substitute with Coconut Extract if you want a strong coconut flavor)
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Milk
- 4 Cups Coconut (shredded)
* In case you were wondering what a Cupcake Sheriff looked like.
**Like any good activist, I feel that once you see an opportunity to make the world a better place - you have a responsibility to do something.