You may have heard the news about The East Coast and our blizzard yesterday... we are literally snowed in. Our kitchen is pretty bare too since I purged a lot before we left for Boston. I wish we had even some basic groceries - like a vegetable or I could find a restaurant that would deliver. I wish I could be the kind of person who is perfectly content living off stale bread and jelly. Dan hiked through the snow this morning to get us some juice, coffee, tortilla chips and salsa from a 7-11 that was open. SIGH.
I miss you Pear & Cranberry Cobbler. Hope we get to see you again real soon!
The Pear & Cranberry Cobbler
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Large Bosc Pears (cored and cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Juice from 1/2 of a Large Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Shortening
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk