This has been the best thing we have made so far.
I know - I know - It isn't a REAL Caesar salad if it doesn't have anchovies. But this blog is about making animal friendly versions of classic and not so classic dishes. There is no reason why we need to go by the traditional foodie definitions - WHEN LIVES ARE ON THE LINE! C'MON FOLKS!
For the salad - We replaced the anchovies with marinated artichoke hearts and tossed in some of the fixings from the Greek Salad : Kalamata Olives, Cucumbers, French Fried Onions, Bacos and a few mushrooms from the Chickn Tetrazzini. The result : we had a salad worth a post all her very own!
A salad that will outlive this project and has convinced us to never again buy a bottle of salad dressing. Sorry Paul Newman. We had a nice run but this was what we have been searching for in your cleverly labeled bottles all these years. We can still be friends. Well - until we find a way to make our own Newman-Os.
Anyways - without further ado . . . the Caesar Salad Dressing that has changed our lives. . .
- 1Tablespoon Garlic ( minced )
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vegan Worcestershire Sauce ( this gives the fake fishy flavor and is key )
- 1/4 Teaspoon Braggs
- 2 pinches of Ground Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper ( I know we have been using a lot of Lemon Pepper these days - we got the best little grinder of it from Trader Joe's and we recommend you get one too! )
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
Toss it all in a tight container and shake and eat over a bed of your favorite salad stuff.
be prepared to see this again. . .